Sunday, March 9, 2008

Iced out

03-04-08

So at 6:30pm or so the power went out at the office. The lights were on across the street in but on our side it was totally dark. There were two inches of ice on my car so I could not get in it then some guy suggested I try the passenger side. There was just one inch there so I fought until I got it opened. I let the heater/defroster run for ten minutes then I attacked the ice so I could see water between the window and the layer of ice I helplessly banged it. The whole time it was raining ice and I got the back window free first, well mostly. I finally cut a tiny hole in the front and found a way to get it bigger. By the time the front window was clear, the back window had frozen over again.

On the way home I called a councilman who is also a track coach I used to cover asking she call me when my ward had lights again. She called me back and told me to call the power company so I did.

Now I wait.

No comments: