Wednesday, March 12, 2008

So it is Tuesday will the building catch fire?

03-11-08

I get there before nine. He shows up after ten. She arrives after lunch.

The same old problems. The same old headaches. Another threat of no paper if without that ad fixed even though it was fixed yesterday.

I just plug and plug away.

There are moments when I am alone when I think I can make this work. That I love doing this. I want to chase and tell stories. I don't mind long hours and low pay.

But then they speak.

It is the lack of respect and the absolute inability to ever connect with these people that bothers me.

My favorite activity was always playing basketball. But my least favorite was playing basketball and never getting the ball or having the person I guarded every get the ball. That is just running. That isn't fun as since you are so close to doing what you love to do, it hurts more.

Now after I can't play ball- I like to play shuffleboard. I love playing really talented people but I don't mind playing low key. But play with all drunks who disrespect the table or take ten minutes between shots to do shots-- that isn't fun. You get frustrated because you just want to play.

That is how I feel. I could plug away at this but I don't see it getting better. She isn't going to change. He isn't going to change. Even if I could stomach working for them-- who would sell for them. I have already missed my brother's tournament games and now the thought of missing Easter week with my nieces and nephews for a lost cause is too much.

I want to write. I don't mind layout. But to be close to what I want but to be forced to be miserable is too much for me. I am going to have a heart attack and I am making $350 a week with no health insurance.

I made phone friends with two women at the printer. They helped me so much. They told me I was the best the paper has had since the main guy left some time ago. I guess they have been many, many people in my seat.

I guess what is frustrating is I am exactly what this paper needs but they don't understand that.

I finished the paper around eight or so -- but it took until after 11 to make the last correction and have it leave my outbox to the printer.

There are so many more ridiculous things I haven't written about. This is just a small taste.

I called the printer at nine and one of the woman told me they had everything. I called the office of course he wasn't there and she wasn't there. I had to call two numbers since the answering machine is locked in her office. I called at noon and told him to have her call me when she gets in so we can talk. I want to do this face to face. It will not be pleasant and I wonder if I will ever see a dime.

I worked it out and I have put in to complete three issues in 16 days a total of over 130 hours.

No comments: